Late to the Party

Hey guys!

Remember when "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" was on in the cinemas?


One week before the premiere  in the German cinemas, I watched the free TV premiere of "The Hunger Games". Before I was not quite interested in it for whatever reason. My sister had seen it in the cinema and told me about it but it maybe appeard to much fantasy-ish for me (although I like e.g. the Harry Potter films). I don't know. Since I saw it on TV, I couldn't wait to see the second part! After having seen it and after I realized that the third film will only be out in November 2014, I thought, no. There's no way, I can wait that long.


By accident, I found a voucher for audible on one of my amazon advertisment cards and got the first free audio book for my smartphone - The Hunger Games (German version). I have been quite busy with uni things at the time and still quite new to my phone so I forgot about it until the last day of my Easter Holidays. My family and I were on our way back from France (I tell you quite a bit about that holiday here) and out of boredom in the car, I found the audio book. I could not stop listening to it until it was finished. I was rather addicted.
Since the voice of the narrator stopped, I have listened to it about 100 times over because I think the story does not get boring although you know what is about to happen and it entertaines me when I'm on the train to uni or back home. When I heard, that my sister's best friend had all of the books from that series, I asked her if I could borrow the second book from her and she said yes. Yeay!
I have to say, I'm not that kind of person who normally loves reading the bigger books like Harry Potter, Twilight, or similar book series. I watch the films and that's about it. Till this week.

Until I had ticked the urgent uni projects off from my to do list, one evening I started reading. 90 pages. Which is quite a lot to read for me in one go. The next evening (kind of like with the audio book of part 1) I had to go on reading because I was so much into it. I knew what was about to happen because I saw the film but it was still very exciting to "relive it" and compare the book and the film. I think, the perspective is what made me wanting to go on reading all the time.
Day 2 of reading (or shall I say, night?).
I started at about 11 p.m. because I had to work at uni stuff again before I had time to continue with the book and when I looked at the clock again, it said 4 a.m. - oopsy!
Being on page 241 already, I decided that I had to read the rest in one go :D
So today was the day. Day 3 of reading.
Because my dad needed me to help him at continuing to renovate our kitchen, I was not ready for my plan until about 7 p.m. (and before in snippets). I'm through now and want to know how the story continues by all means! Although I was quite content that the book didn't end as abruptly as the film had done (that was one thing I really disliked about it! But we all know how the directors love their cliffhangers).
I'm so excited what will happen to Katniss and Gale and Prim and what will wait for them in District 13! What is happening to Peeta? Wow. Too much excitement. Calm down.

Okay, so as you can tell, I reeeeally recommend reading the books to everyone who hasn't already - even though probably everyone has - although you might have watched the films!


Which books are you reading at the moment? Which ones would you recommend? Please tell me in the comments :)

Happy reading!

Comments